The University Housing Technology Center aims to provide technology support to on-campus Sun Devils. If you live on campus and need technology assistance with Zoom for academic purposes, please see the steps and helpful resources below prior to contacting our offices.
If you are experiencing connectivity issues while using Zoom, please try the following steps.
- Check your personal settings and ensure "Enable HD" is turned off
- Do not start other bandwidth-intensive activities during a Zoom session(e.g. streaming audio or video, cloud backups or storage, OneDrive, Dropbox, Netflix, YouTube, etc.)
- Call in to the class from your phone for voice & join the class from your computer or laptop for video
- Mute your microphone and turn your camera off (if allowed by your instructor)
- Use a wired internet connection if available
- Update your Zoom and system software
For more helpful tips and additional Zoom resources: