Guest and Conference Housing (GCH) utilizes the four primary ASU locations within the Metro Phoenix area to support both short and long term summer programs with varying instructional and educational objectives. We provide support to both internal and external programs. External programs must be affiliated with an ASU Department and secure a professional staff member from that department to serve as a Departmental Sponsor.
The summer conference season begins after Memorial Day and concludes by the second week of July to prepare the residence halls for the start of the new school year. These dates are subject to change depending on the academic calendar and operational needs. The Summer 2023 conference season will run from June 1, 2023 through July 15, 2023.
Any group with a duration that falls outside the official season dates (between 5/1 - 5/31 and/or 7/16 - 8/31) are subject to additional fees (if the proposed timeframe is approved by GCH). For programs seeking to book outside of the season dates, please contact email@example.com to verify feasibility.
Note: Conference housing is not available during the academic year.
While our operation is not a “one stop shop”, we will point you to the contacts you’ll need to coordinate with to arrange parking, meeting space and dining needs.
We accept reservation requests on a first-come, first-serve basis. We coordinate with our campus partners to schedule the season’s operational logistics at least 9 months before the season begins. Therefore, we urge conference organizers to begin planning as early as possible and recommend that you contact us at least 6 months prior to the start of your program. New inquiries received in late-March and on may not be accommodated due to space limitations and conflicts that may arise in preparation for the new school year.
PLEASE NOTE: Following reservation confirmations, GCH will not move forward with housing services until the reservation fee is paid and the contract is signed by both parties.
2023 Conference Housing Rates
Conference housing between June 1 - July 15, 2023:
- Private Room, Shared Bath - $75 (per person, per night) *subject to change
- Shared Room, Shared Bath - $40 (per person, per night) *subject to change
Conference housing with start/end dates between 5/1 - 5/31 and/or 7/16 - 8/31, if approved:
- Private Room, Shared Bath - $150 (per person, per night) *subject to change
- Shared Room, Shared Bath - $115 (per person, per night) *subject to change
Reservation Fees are determined based on the total guest count (participants and staff). Any increases in total guest count after the initial fee has been paid will result in an additional adjustment on the final invoice to account for the difference owed.
Total guest count (inclusive of participants and staff):
- 01 – 50 guests | $150.00 reservation fee
- 51 – 100 guests | $225.00 reservation fee
- 101 – 150 guests | $300.00 reservation fee
- 151 – 200 guests | $375.00 reservation fee
- 201 – 250 guests | $450.00 reservation fee
- 251 – 300 guests | $525.00 reservation fee
- 301 – 350 guests | $600.00 reservation fee
- 351 – 400 guests | $675.00 reservation fee
- 400 or more guests – Please contact our team directly to discuss
Linens and Laundry
Linen rental is available upon request for an additional fee. Packages are ordered from our supplier months ahead of time; be sure to plan accordingly if you need to order linen for your program. Last minute requests for packages may not be accommodated. Linen rental for Summer 2023 is $50 per set. Our linen packages include the following items:
- 1 Blanket
- 1 Fitted Sheet
- 1 Flat Sheet
- 1 Pillow
- 1 Pillowcase
- 1 Pillow
- 1 Washcloth
- 1 Bath Towel
Free laundry facilities are available in each hall or complex for guest use. Laundry services are not provided. Conference organizers and guests must ensure to bring all necessary supplies (detergent, etc.).
Conference Housing Reservation process
Below is a general overview of the conference reservation process:
- Late November – Call for inquiries are opened. Please submit a conference reservation request form.
- Upon receipt of a completed submission, GCH staff will review the request and reach out to the conference organizer for a joint review of the reservation form.
- Upon completion of the joint review and acceptance from the GCH team, a contract will be drafted and sent to the conference organizer. The conference organizer will have two (2) weeks to sign the contract and make the reservation fee payment. This fee is non-negotiable and non-refundable; it is NOT a deposit.
- Note: Internal ASU groups will have payments made using the submitted Workday details.
- GCH will not move forward with further services until the contract is signed by both parties and the fee payment has been received.
- Thirty (30) calendar days before arrival - organizer sends GCH a guaranteed head count. GCH uses this count to create a room list and coordinate with our campus partners in getting rooms prepared. GCH sends the room list to organizers to make their room replacements.
- Fourteen (14) days before arrival - room list is due to GCH. The room list is used to book all individuals staying in the residence halls. A GCH staff member will set up a time with the organizer for a pre-conference walk through. Aside from walking the building and premises, it is also an opportunity to go over a punch list of items (check-in/check-out,key disbursement and retrieval and other logistics).
Payment can be in the form of check, cash, credit card or money order. If you are an internal department, payment must be made via Internal Service Delivery (ISD) in Workday.
Cash and credit card payments: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions on how to make cash or credit card payments.
Check payments: Make checks payable to Arizona State University
Mail Payment to:
University Housing Finance and Administration
Arizona State University
P.O. Box 870212
Tempe, AZ 85287-0212
To make payment in person by check or money order, please visit us in the University Housing Office located at:
Hassayampa Academic Village, Building F (Mesquite Hall)
711 East Lemon Street
Tempe, AZ 85281
Hours of Operation: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday – Friday